Home The Bridge

Key information about the event: Breakthrough - 04/12

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness T'Pol is the Threshold and not Ranked! 130K and out! :)

Good, I want to get four stars for Valeris.
    Siblin wrote: »
    So I’m contemplating not levelling wedding t’pol For the event. I’m not convinced she’s worth the chrons when I already have Amb. Sarek fffe.

Thoughts?

Great plan. Only 2-3 crew are needed for Chron-dump events, and Sarek covers her skills. She might be useful for her traits, but would need lot of Chrons
  • See? This is what happens when people grumble about power creep. Personally I'd rather have a reason to push for crew (AKA better stats than my existing crew). Bring back the creep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLPZmPaHme0
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I’m contemplating not levelling wedding t’pol For the event. I’m not convinced she’s worth the chrons when I already have Amb. Sarek fffe.

Thoughts?

She will beat both old and young Sarek in DIP because she is an event character at 5x bonus versus his 3x bonus.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems that we are getting a lot of Gauntlet Beasts, Surak, Landry, Wedding T'Pol, Faith Garland.
  • It seems that we are getting a lot of Gauntlet Beasts, Surak, Landry, Wedding T'Pol, Faith Garland.

I'm not sure I'd call Landry, T'Pol or Garland "Beasts". They are good, but not SUPER good. Surak I'll give you.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    No 1/5 stats on the Tuvok yet, but I'll pass on him.
    They're up now in Starfleet Communications.
    @Sibin the only possible value T'Pol could have in this event is if something had an Astrophysicist or High Command trait, but that probably wouldn't offset Surak's higher base.

There will be other faction events this mega, plus other T'Pol events in the future. Personally, I can't have too many main cast variants for faction events.

EDIT: For this event only, especially if you're playing for rank, you might be better off using the chrons for the recipes. Long run is another matter.
  • [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

x 3 bonus vs x 2 bonus... your call.

But yeah... more DIP main. At least it's DIP-SCI this time instead of DIP-MED.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dralix valid points, T'Pol might be worth risking for a T'Pol event. But this event she'll have very little value as she's a weakened Surak clone.

Here's hoping Shan can get us info for next week early and next week is better.

Thoughts?

She will beat both old and young Sarek in DIP because she is an event character at 5x bonus versus his 3x bonus.

I think Paund meant Surak not Sarek, I confuse the two all the time.
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dralix valid points, T'Pol might be worth risking for a T'Pol event. But this event she'll have very little value as she's a weakened Surak clone.

Yeah, I was editing while you were posting.
  • MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, not even 700 base stats for T'pol? I'm not whelmed.
    @Shan

Science officer T'Pols stats don't look quite right, the science roll.
    Science Officer T'Pol (New)
    Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: DIP 246 (32-93), SCI 382 (39-147)
    Science Officer T'Pol
    FE 1/2 level 100
    DIP 188 (32-93), SCI 338 (34-132)
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's look from this way

Mega event - Surak - ENT version

Week 1
    Spock - TOS movies
    McCoy - TOS
    Amanda Grayson - TOS

week 2
    Tuvok - Voy
    Valeris - Tos
    T'Pol - ENT

• Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not to bothered about the stats but will get T'pol regardless, I should finish thresholds Thursday evening leaving all weekend to level crew & spend time with the family.
    DB: Do Better
  • For CardassiaFor Cardassia ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed the new 2* T'Pol has Starfleet rank insignia in her art, but got the High Command trait instead of Starfleet?

Those aren't her Starfleet ranks, those are her Vulcan High Command ranks. That art is from before she joined up with Starfleet.

I'm happy about the influx of new T'Pols, especially given the quality of the artwork!

I'll be FF/FE'ing both new T'Pols, but they will sadly have to live in the freezer.
    “Treason, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.” - Elim Garak

Cardassian wishlist:
    Tora Ziyal - Thanks!
    Natima Lang
    Empok Nor Garak
    Tekeny Ghemor
    Mira
    Makbar
    Dejar
    Ulani Belor
    edited April 2018

Thoughts?

I think Paund meant Surak not Sarek, I confuse the two all the time.

Nope, I mean Ambassador Sarek (Spock’s old man) and Sarek (young Sarek from DIS) both 4* but I added Sarek because his DIP is higher than Ambassador Sarek...

Surak will basically crush everyone in SCI in this event and beyond... but yeah, they are confusing, especially if you spell his name wrong like Sarak or Surek...

EDIT... if you managed to have 5/5 Surak then, he will crush all in DIP as well. I’m running on the assumption that most of us will only have him 2/5 or 3/5 for this event when we get the second “free” copy
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm torn. I don't really want to fight it out for Tuvok, but I need a high command level Vulcan for a node.
  • Ivanstone wrote: »
    I used Troi quite a bit last week. CMD+MED seats were present.

I was walking to work this morning and I was thinking to myself:

"Wouldn't it be great to have someone compete with Gangster Spock for SEC proficiency?"

Sadly, I login to the game when I get to work and find out Evil Tuvok is not that person.

130K and out again. Wedding T'Pol is pretty decent although I don't think she'll cut it against other similar crew. Couldn't she at least have the Romantic trait? She's getting married!

As I recall, she didn't WANT to get married, so I doubt she's being real romantic. :)

Marriage to repair Mom's career, which was damaged by your own actions?

I suppose Shakespeare would use that material to go Romantic.

Sounds more like a large number of hours with the ship Councilor to me.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm torn. I don't really want to fight it out for Tuvok, but I need a high command level Vulcan for a node.

At 1F his CMD does not look that good. Do you have any Vulcans unleveled. If so and they have CMD I would check on the wiki on their FE stats.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone noticed the new 2* T'Pol has Starfleet rank insignia in her art, but got the High Command trait instead of Starfleet?

Yeah I'm annoyed at that, she was going to possibly be my new Festive Jadzia but since DB screwed up and didn't get her Starfleet despite her uniform having that insignia, then we can't use her on MWF cadets. I feel like she's also missing a few traits although I haven't researched them yet. Perhaps tactician? That might be a trait all T'Pol versions need, she's very tactical throughout the whole series.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, a new 2* slips in in an Event?

8N7a3YS.jpg

8N7a3YS.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'm annoyed at that, she was going to possibly be my new Festive Jadzia but since DB screwed up and didn't get her Starfleet despite her uniform having that insignia, then we can't use her on MWF cadets. I feel like she's also missing a few traits although I haven't researched them yet. Perhaps tactician? That might be a trait all T'Pol versions need, she's very tactical throughout the whole series.

She's definitely missing the Federation trait, as is Vulcan Bride T'Pol.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »

Not missing Federation, since both versions should predate the formation of the Federation. This should apply to most Enterprise crew.

I don't know, they were part of Federation at the final scene of the show.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Not missing Federation, since both versions should predate the formation of the Federation. This should apply to most Enterprise crew.

I actually just did that, didn't I? I seriously need some decent sleep. *sigh* Carry on, all.
    edited April 2018

I don't know, they were part of Federation at the final scene of the show.

If we’re going to get technical about it, I think Archer signed the COP (Coalition of Planets) which is why the STT character is called C.O.P. Founder Archer. Of course this is the precursor for the UFP (United Federation of Planets) but all the ENT characters (as shown on the show... they probably lived long enough, other than Trip, to see the Federation) predate the Federation’s founding so it actually makes sense that ENT characters should not have the Federation trait.

EDIT: I just checked and COP Founder Archer is the only version with Federation... the rest all have Starfleet... which makes sense... for once.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I used Troi quite a bit last week. CMD+MED seats were present.

I was walking to work this morning and I was thinking to myself:

"Wouldn't it be great to have someone compete with Gangster Spock for SEC proficiency?"

Sadly, I login to the game when I get to work and find out Evil Tuvok is not that person.

130K and out again. Wedding T'Pol is pretty decent although I don't think she'll cut it against other similar crew. Couldn't she at least have the Romantic trait? She's getting married!

As I recall, she didn't WANT to get married, so I doubt she's being real romantic. :)

Marriage to repair Mom's career, which was damaged by your own actions?

I suppose Shakespeare would use that material to go Romantic.

Sounds more like a large number of hours with the ship Councilor to me.

+1 I see what you did there. 🦗
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust