Home The Bridge
Options

Who is the most conspicuously missing crew not in STT?

Comments

• Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    robownage wrote: »
    Ignoring those with licensing issues (Lower Decks

This is the is the rare instance where licensing problems have been a huge benefit. Good riddance.
    Kanon wrote: »
    Whoa, I'm surprised and at the same time I'm not (because it's really a no brainer)

How did people miss him? He's only been around for 4 years and was the undisputed Diplomacy king that everybody lusted after. Heck, after 4 years he's still only dropped to #18 Diplomacy base. That's saying something with all the insane power creep in this game. Plus his traits. His traits, man! Bajoran AND Trill. Odo AND Dax. For a long time he was the event king as well as the Diplomacy king. This card is legendary and I don't just mean the gold border.
    NoblemanDK wrote: »
    Isnt that Dancing Uhura? or another dancing uhura you are thinking about

Dancing Uhura in the game is a 100% Timelines Original and bears no resemblance to the actual Dancing Uhura from Star Trek V

My pick, besides Chain of Command Picard is Identity Crisis La Forge. Just cus. No real reason. He's blue. That's a good enough reason. Not enough blue non-Andorian characters in this game.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Lt. Kevin Thomas Riley
    Dr. Phillip Boyce

Probably licensing problems for both.

I'm holding out hopes for the OG Dr. Boyce when Strange New Worlds airs. There was one week where they did the Discovery Number One in an event and the original Star Trek pilot Number One in Tuesday packs, iirc. Something like that would be pretty cool for Dr. Boyce.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

This is the is the rare instance where licensing problems have been a huge benefit. Good riddance.
    Sorry to tell you they've now confirmed that they've got the license to Lower Decks, so those crew should be incoming. I'm hoping that's the October mega :)
    My pick, besides Chain of Command Picard is Identity Crisis La Forge. Just cus. No real reason. He's blue. That's a good enough reason. Not enough blue non-Andorian characters in this game.
    Would absolutely love to see this one in the game.

Can you post where Lower Decks license was confirmed? I'd like to post an official source for my fleet. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Sorry to tell you they've now confirmed that they've got the license to Lower Decks, so those crew should be incoming. I'm hoping that's the October mega :)

Can you post where Lower Decks license was confirmed? I'd like to post an official source for my fleet. :)

My apologies, my memory doesn't quite match Shan's recap. It's not a done deal, but progress has been made: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18271/players-choice-month-and-timelines-talks#latest
    Star Trek: Lower Decks: we have more news on the matter, we are in discussions to obtain and integrate this license to STT, fingers crossed!
  • Options

My apologies, my memory doesn't quite match Shan's recap. It's not a done deal, but progress has been made: https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18271/players-choice-month-and-timelines-talks#latest
    Star Trek: Lower Decks: we have more news on the matter, we are in discussions to obtain and integrate this license to STT, fingers crossed!

Ok, that was the last thing I remembered. I'm hoping they get it soon. The first episode of season 2 aired and I'm pretty excited!
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    <TGE> Darxide<TGE> Darxide ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

The game goes downhill more and more each day (along with the Star Trek IP). Why should I be surprised that garbage is going to be here?
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭

Just out of curiosity, why the hate for Lower Decks? I've found it to be incredibly entertaining, filled with fun little Easter eggs.

I find the animation style tiresome and wish they had gone with something more original. I also simply don’t find really any of what I’ve seen particularly funny. Some people call it “Pickle Trek” as a slight, referencing of course Rick and Morty, and I confess I am in partial agreement. But that doesn’t cause me to hate it. What causes me to hate it is the fandom outside of the show. The fans spam, are deliberately obnoxious, and try to pick fights on forums. They’re like the cringiest of MLP fans on steroids. I have no idea why they’re that way. There are plenty of Trek fans who are fans of LD, and they’re fine. In fact I’ve seen none of this behavior in any of the Timelines communities. I’m talking about a specific weird fandom that is hostile toward Trek fans and appears to hate all of Trek EXCEPT the LD cartoon. They obsess over particular characters and produce low-quality and/or raunchy “fan art.” It’s really weird. Like, REALLY weird.

• Options
    Trollita wrote: »

Just out of curiosity, why the hate for Lower Decks? I've found it to be incredibly entertaining, filled with fun little Easter eggs.

I find the animation style tiresome and wish they had gone with something more original. I also simply don’t find really any of what I’ve seen particularly funny. Some people call it “Pickle Trek” as a slight, referencing of course Rick and Morty, and I confess I am in partial agreement. But that doesn’t cause me to hate it. What causes me to hate it is the fandom outside of the show. The fans spam, are deliberately obnoxious, and try to pick fights on forums. They’re like the cringiest of MLP fans on steroids. I have no idea why they’re that way. There are plenty of Trek fans who are fans of LD, and they’re fine. In fact I’ve seen none of this behavior in any of the Timelines communities. I’m talking about a specific weird fandom that is hostile toward Trek fans and appears to hate all of Trek EXCEPT the LD cartoon. They obsess over particular characters and produce low-quality and/or raunchy “fan art.” It’s really weird. Like, REALLY weird.

I've seen none of that. That sounds like a huge turn off and might cause the same reaction from me. I just really like all the references to the series and movies we love. The art isn't my favorite, but it works well enough. Kind of **tsk tsk** that part of the fandom put the final nail in the coffin for you.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for answering. I've honestly never seen any of that on any of the sites I frequent, but I can see why it would be off-putting. It might be a side effect of the reason people call it Pickle Trek, given Mike McMahan's background he no doubt brought some new fans over along with everything else.

IMO the animation is fine, if nothing special (although the improvements to the ship models for season two are fantastic). And humour is certainly subjective, but it's disappointing to see that you can't find anything to enjoy from it because it consistently gets me laughing out loud, and even my non-Trek-loving SO finds much to enjoy about it.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

There are trolls everywhere.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

There are trolls everywhere.
    pjhakxz597cp.png
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Vulcan Gray
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I think the addition of LDS could be interesting. Animated versions of characters from other series could be neat.
    We all have the episode, arc, character, et c. that bugs us. Ask a lot of Enterprise fans what the last episode is. There is probably a crew, ship, something we don't like that is or will be in-game. We deal with it how we deal with it. I'm a completist and Takei grates on my nerves with his major political bent, so I freeze Sulu. I also was happy to freeze the 3* Winn because that smile is creepy. We might not welcome it with shouts of joy, but can we be happy that it makes someone else happy? I'm neutral on the Romulan Bird of Prey myself (great episode, but I'm having a brawl with a model of it and it sours me a bit), but I'll be happy when it gets here, because there will be some very happy people. Some folks are dismissive of Enterprise, but there are crew from it that I will post the Snoopy GIF over.
    @Travis S McClain My granny was a Reds fan. Eight year old me was with her at Riverfront when they made the playoffs in their run to take the 1990 World Series. She won tickets at bingo and I was off school that day.
    Edited: Because I got the year wrong. In my defense, I had been struck by lightning just a couple months earlier and a lot of that year is fuzzy.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Thanks for the correction. '91 was my near drowning. '90 was my lightning strike. I got the two reversed and just remember that the lightning and World Series were the same year. If you have aluminum siding and an aluminum screen door, don't stand in the open doorway...holding the frame...barefoot... in a puddle of water...during a major thunderstorm. :*
    I was a Dibble fan back then. The bullpen was fantastic that year. Gran was a women's fast pitch southpaw pitcher on a traveling team in the '30s and loved the game regardless of who was playing. I watched her devote the same interest in a Little League or high school game as MLB. She listened to my high school's games on the radio and keep score on the kitchen table. The look on her face when she asked if I knew why our neighbor's boy wasn't pitching one night and I got to tell her he cut a tendon in his finger on a buddy's watch crystal after breaking it with his class ring playing slaps was hilarious. I often wonder what she would have thought of the internet and the baseball she could access through it. She's been gone for more of my life than she was in it, but walking up the sidewalk to home and not hearing the radio with a game on in the summer is just wrong. She used to tape Star Trek for me, because it was one while I was at school.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the correction. '91 was my near drowning. '90 was my lightning strike. I got the two reversed and just remember that the lightning and World Series were the same year. If you have aluminum siding and an aluminum screen door, don't stand in the open doorway...holding the frame...barefoot... in a puddle of water...during a major thunderstorm. :*
    I was a Dibble fan back then. The bullpen was fantastic that year. Gran was a women's fast pitch southpaw pitcher on a traveling team in the '30s and loved the game regardless of who was playing. I watched her devote the same interest in a Little League or high school game as MLB. She listened to my high school's games on the radio and keep score on the kitchen table. The look on her face when she asked if I knew why our neighbor's boy wasn't pitching one night and I got to tell her he cut a tendon in his finger on a buddy's watch crystal after breaking it with his class ring playing slaps was hilarious. I often wonder what she would have thought of the internet and the baseball she could access through it. She's been gone for more of my life than she was in it, but walking up the sidewalk to home and not hearing the radio with a game on in the summer is just wrong. She used to tape Star Trek for me, because it was one while I was at school.

I appreciate the heads up about the aluminum siding and thunderstorms, as well as your anecdotes. Lovely stuff (provided one doesn't dwell on the neighbor's boy). Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

This post had me in tears, in a good way. Thank you, @W.W. Carlisle . 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    5msaox2yqn11.jpeg

7kqe55tca3ux.jpeg

loystsm6t9ba.png

jot0fqa8d6hh.jpeg

This Tribble eater from TAS to take care of all these tribbles causing trouble.

That would certainly be timely if it were added soon.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    5072whctkc33.png
    Licensing issue?

Did I miss why we don’t have Andrea yet? Is it a licensing issue?
  • Options
    please no more new chars, there are already well over 1000 !!
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    One of a few characters that I wish had been a continuing member of TNG and one I was sad that didn't was Ensign Sito Jaxa.
    We have Cadet Sito but not Ensign Sito.

I would love to see all of the characters from "Lower Decks" incorporated into a Lower Decks mega (also the characters from Voyager's "Learning Curve"/"Good Shepherd"). But if only one can be selected, it's got to be Ensign Sito. She deserves more than a 2*.