Home The Bridge
Options

Neverending Campaign speculations

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a band, Amanda Grayson and the Bashirs.

Ha! It totally does

• Options
    IvlainIvlain ✭✭✭✭
    The Bashirs are incredibly underwhelming. Is this the worst campaign legendary yet? I think so.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivlain wrote: »
    The Bashirs are incredibly underwhelming. Is this the worst campaign legendary yet? I think so.

Drunk Troi

• Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not super enthused about The Bashirs. I'll buy anyway. Everything else is worthwhile.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    While I get that the general sentiment is that The Bashirs are not a good choice, I do feel it is more down to timing than the actual quality of the card.

In a vacuum, the card is okay, on par with many of the other campaign cards we've gotten - decent voyage stats (and skills), poor for events, horrid traits (when has Criminal ever come up for a voyage seat bonus trait? - but this is another discussion), zero chance for collection use ... not great, but not bad either.

But they come on the heels of a mega that just gave us Soji and Saru ... and the previous mega gave us P&#1.

If I look at my own roster ... of the top 10 DIP base crew, only 1 doesn't have either SCI or MED (North Star Tucker) as one of their other skills ... of the top 10 SCI base crew that number is 4 ... and for MED that number is 2.
    If I look at the crew I'm sending out on, for example, DIP/SCI (or SCI/DIP) voyages (voyages is the only area I expect to use The Bashirs) ... yes, they will probably get a seat there, I can shuffle around some crew to get a more optimal number distribution across the skills ... this is because I do not own either Chef Riker or Fennim, so The Bashirs have a unique skill order for my crew.

Lastly, while I agree at looking at crew made available through campaigns ... the other area of the game where we get 4/5 crew is mega-event, and if you add in those totals the numbers are a bit more even across the skills (see below).

--> So, going with the Caregiver theme ... Dr. Katherine Pulaski would have been a prime fit (Juliana Tainer is probably "too good" - would the same complaints have been made if she was the choice?).
    The Bashirs are fine for a mid-game roster like mine but for those with advanced rosters, they'll probably just draw a blank in most areas ... which has been the case for many of the campaign 5*s.
    Command: 4
    Mega-event: 5

Diplomacy: 5
    Mega-event: 1

Security: 3
    Mega-event: 3

Science: 2
    Mega-event: 2

Engineering: 1
    Mega-event: 3

Medicine: 1
    Mega-event: 4.
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Second month with a lacklustre card, second month without the campaign for me.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the main cast thing back. I actually prefer Tipsy Troi over the Bashirs. Others may feel differently. I'm simply stating my preference.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    ExanimusExanimus ✭✭✭✭
    Keep voting for mediocre or basement cards with your money and you get what you vote for. "Everything else is good for the price." Would you like better? Would you like an even better bargin for the price? You don't get better bargins by settling for the best they have today.

There are better "mother" cards in the game. New players don't need dated SRs. Why would you defend or make excuses for bad choices? Its not disloyal or disrespectful to be honest.
  • Options
    Exanimus wrote: »
    Keep voting for mediocre or basement cards with your money and you get what you vote for. "Everything else is good for the price." Would you like better? Would you like an even better bargin for the price? You don't get better bargins by settling for the best they have today.

There are better "mother" cards in the game. New players don't need dated SRs. Why would you defend or make excuses for bad choices? Its not disloyal or disrespectful to be honest.

New line of thought:
    If they keep putting non-main cast in campaign, then it will be less common to have to compete against players who have more 5/5 bonus crew in events. It's like pulling up the ladder behind me after I got about a year's worth of main cast campaign legendaries. It's an elitist thing to do, but maybe I can live with it. Like Sisko can live with his choices in the episode "In the Pale Moonlight."

"Garak was right about one thing - $10 is a small price to pay to choke off the competition behind me."
    - Benjamin Sisko, on campaigns (probably)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Why are people so uppity over what people do with THEIR money. If some of us think the campaign is worth $10 even if it didn't have golds, that's our choice.

Like i said before, you could take the 4 golds cards COMPLETELY OUT of the campaign. I would still spend the $10 because i think the value is still within reason for everything else that is in the campaign. If WRG took the golds out AND increased the price, I might have to reconsider the value.

I understand that people focus a lot on the gold/purple characters because that is the one thing that is NOT constant between all the campaigns. But there's a huge contingent of players who don't focus on just the cards and play the long game. They can see what the value is of everything else that comes in a campaign.

But can they see why Cinnamon Toast Crunch tastes so good?
    (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are people so uppity over what people do with THEIR money. If some of us think the campaign is worth $10 even if it didn't have golds, that's our choice.

Like i said before, you could take the 4 golds cards COMPLETELY OUT of the campaign. I would still spend the $10 because i think the value is still within reason for everything else that is in the campaign. If WRG took the golds out AND increased the price, I might have to reconsider the value.

I understand that people focus a lot on the gold/purple characters because that is the one thing that is NOT constant between all the campaigns. But there's a huge contingent of players who don't focus on just the cards and play the long game. They can see what the value is of everything else that comes in a campaign.

It’s so good when I was working in a grocery store in the hood we used to trade cases of it for bags of weed

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a few discussions on discord about these. At 4/5 they'll be my 5th best base and I'm quite happy they're being offered.

Sure I think there are better 'Caregivers'. Definitely! I had hoped that the health workers we have around the world could be given a nod this month with a MED card so that's a shame really but on the whole I think, like every campaign, that it's great value.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I think if I were in charge of campaigns, I would have picked Doc Crusher or Edith Keeler and Twilight T'Pol for next month. Those characters in those episodes are more what I think of when I think of a Caregiver and maybe more in line with how I think of today's caregivers. It's a personal preference more than anything. Just felt like posting it. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if I were in charge of campaigns, I would have picked Doc Crusher or Edith Keeler and Twilight T'Pol for next month. Those characters in those episodes are more what I think of when I think of a Caregiver and maybe more in line with how I think of today's caregivers. It's a personal preference more than anything. Just felt like posting it. :)

Twilight T’Pol is the perfect example of what I was looking for earlier

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campaigns are great value regardless of the crew involved, so I'm in.

What irks me is that I had a premium pack last week that gave me a beGold, which came down to a choice between adding a 3rd star to Dancing Uhura or getting a new 1/5 crew... The Bashirs! ugh
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭

What about Horchata? It's like liquid Cinnamon Toast Crunch
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm happy to be (almost) back to free to play after getting to VIP 12 after so many "too good to pass" offers and campaigns. I'm getting the monthly card, although I may skip that altogether next month because I don't really need loads of dilithium anymore. I will not get cards that aren't main cast anymore, they do little for me at this point of the game so if the event value is not there that's a waste of crew space and money. I don't care much about the rest of the campaign, dilithium is overpriced even at this rate, I couldn't care less about a few pulls and merits, I'm in no rush to get cites from bad deals and the rest is trash.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shall we begin again?
  • Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    We shall.
    Picard day theme.

Smitten Picard
    And Tommy Gun Dixon
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hamsters2 wrote: »
    Dark Empath Troi. Why, umm, it's June and too sunny outside, could use some darkness? Heck, I don't know, just put her in a campaign TP! :#

I second!!!

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope @DScottHewitt is OK, as he has been quiet lately.

1. STE 5* & DS9 4*. Those series need love, too. <3
    2. If it's Dark Empath Troi, scratch #2 & tell @Banjo1012 I am (not) sorry.
    3. Time is the ultimate resource.

LLAP
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust