Home The Bridge
Options

Do you have Vori Defender Chakotay yet? (10 Weeks)

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Checking the recent additions to this thread was amusing and educational because until I saw the most recent screenshot posted in here I had completely forgotten about Simon van Gelder, which should tell you how successful I have been thus far in securing a copy ;)

Having spent some time reflecting on the meta subject of making really good cards and then hiding them behind an RNG wall with extremely poor odds, and then on the fact that we have had ample time and a wave of negative feedback and there has been no change, I am forced to conclude that we as a group underestimated the vision the developers had for this entire concept and when I zoom out a bit more it seems to me that the plan is actually working.

They have set this up to where even the most seasoned players cannot get these cards reliably, and also created (most - Admiral Black excluded) the cards to only be good at 5/5 fusion, and then set the RNG to a point where they technically can drop to keep people trying but not high enough to count on them. This was clearly done intentionally to drive sales not in dilithium for extending voyages, but in 5* citations and DYC offers, the premise being to capitalize on that moment of maximum leverage by dangling the really good card in front of the player after they have tried for months and encouraging them to cite the card up because the player knows the second copy is not coming for months.

So you're saying a freemium game designed a feature to entice players to spend money?

xoovpn134zok.gif
  • Options
    No.
    Webberoni wrote: »
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Checking the recent additions to this thread was amusing and educational because until I saw the most recent screenshot posted in here I had completely forgotten about Simon van Gelder, which should tell you how successful I have been thus far in securing a copy ;)

Having spent some time reflecting on the meta subject of making really good cards and then hiding them behind an RNG wall with extremely poor odds, and then on the fact that we have had ample time and a wave of negative feedback and there has been no change, I am forced to conclude that we as a group underestimated the vision the developers had for this entire concept and when I zoom out a bit more it seems to me that the plan is actually working.

They have set this up to where even the most seasoned players cannot get these cards reliably, and also created (most - Admiral Black excluded) the cards to only be good at 5/5 fusion, and then set the RNG to a point where they technically can drop to keep people trying but not high enough to count on them. This was clearly done intentionally to drive sales not in dilithium for extending voyages, but in 5* citations and DYC offers, the premise being to capitalize on that moment of maximum leverage by dangling the really good card in front of the player after they have tried for months and encouraging them to cite the card up because the player knows the second copy is not coming for months.

I think you nailed it. This is to drive DYC. If a player who did a ten or twelve hour voyage each day had odds to get one of the 5* every other month, then people would extend all over the place. But with the odds being one a year, there is no value to extending. But knowing the odds are so low, it is necessary to DYC or cite to have any chance.

At least these voyage-exclusive 1/5 crew will eventually be immortalized without using cash, dilithium, retrievals, or pack luck. I have many other 1/5 crew that will only ever be fused if they happen to appear in four more beGolds where they are the only viable option. It may take years, but they have more hope than most useless crew clogging up the lower decks of my crew quarters… that’s how I’m approaching them now, and it makes them an unexpected bonus instead of a growing frustration.

No, they will keep drip feeding new 5* crew in at a rate so that most players only get them to 1/5, 2/5 or 3/5 before the next drop in, and we have a choice on whether to add a star, or get the newer one at 1/5.

I never have and never will cite a card that drops somewhere {gauntlet/voyages). I made that decision a long time ago. I do not deviate from that. That isn't to say I don't spend elsewhere. I buy packs and dil and give them my cash in other ways, but I can wait forever to complete those crew.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    No.
    That all makes sense as far as trying to get us to spend to finish a rare crew. The irony is that I would probably drop the $25 to double the crew if I got it, but because the probability is so low they aren’t getting that money from me. I don’t see a huge benefit to spending dil to retrieve a voyage early. Maybe a way to get us to spend more would be the option to speed up a leg of the voyage with dil, to get to the dilemmas faster. At least it would feel like there was something more we could do to get these characters.

With gauntlet you can use dil to really grind through and increase the odds of getting those exclusives. All you can really do on voyages is have good luck. From a business sense I’m not sure how that helps profits.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 6
    The Buried Years Choice B. Six hours in.

Only Grady currently missing now.

mskum180djcd.png
    g2b8ybmlqad6.png

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7
    One copy. (Main or only account)
    I believe that any choice can yield the chance for voyage exclusive 5*, but only choice A gives double the chance.

Edit: I should have mentioned for those new dilemmas.(not so new now)
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    I believe that any choice can yield the chance for voyage exclusive 5*, but only choice A gives double the chance.

From what others have reported, and from my own personal results, it looks like the "old" Dilemmas ONLY have a chance for the BeGold on the far right choice, and the "new" 12+ hour Dilemmas have a chance for the BeGold on the far left choice.

This, of course, could be confirmation bias. But, it has so far, as far as I have personally experienced and as far as I have seen others post, been that way.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

From what others have reported, and from my own personal results, it looks like the "old" Dilemmas ONLY have a chance for the BeGold on the far right choice, and the "new" 12+ hour Dilemmas have a chance for the BeGold on the far left choice.

This, of course, could be confirmation bias. But, it has so far, as far as I have personally experienced and as far as I have seen others post, been that way.

That’s the way I understand. Still waiting for a chance for Simon van Gelder. I hit two Begolds in Gauntlet a couple of weeks and picked up two Ometi’klans
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to know. Thank you. I've not hear this. I'll try it. My thanks.
  • Options
    FINALLY got one - Mystery Haul: choice A
    ysbgi7xa8t4b.png

Took SvG (but thought a really long time about choosing Chapel)

Simon is a good choice right now. Because of the month-long OE. Leveling TOS Crew is an Objective.
  • Options
    Zsa Zsa GaborgZsa Zsa Gaborg ✭✭✭
    No.
    FINALLY got one - Mystery Haul: choice A
    ysbgi7xa8t4b.png

Took SvG (but thought a really long time about choosing Chapel)

Congrats! Very jealous.
  • Options
    -:- AZ689-:- AZ689 ✭✭✭
    but only choice A gives double the chance.

0.02% instead of 0.01%?
  • Options
    PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    On a second/third account, but not on a main account.
    ki10xj2x9yw8.jpg
    ju24sk51zhkh.jpg
    Just run 2 max voyages (41 dilema). No single 5*. Not first time...