Home The Bridge
Options

The Big Book Of Behold Advice WAS Shut Down In Protest (Now Back Up, See OP)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Holy moly, this is one step in the right direction. I cannot confirm to the Big Book as it's not my decision. But the Little Book will be reopening for sure.

Thank you, most appreciated by me and my fleet.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    I imagine that it has to do with being a world-wide company and the ramifications with different local terms of service for the offer wall.
    Admiral of the Inner Planets Alliance fleets
  • Options
    Holy moly, this is one step in the right direction. I cannot confirm to the Big Book as it's not my decision. But the Little Book will be reopening for sure.

What is the little book?
  • Options
    @TemporalAgent7 what say you about Datacore now that the offer wall is gone?
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the little book?
    Cadet Advice
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the little book?

Pocket sized.....

🖖🖖🏻🖖🏼🖖🏽🖖🏿

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    @TemporalAgent7 what say you about Datacore now that the offer wall is gone?

There is a group of folks coming together to help with DataCore. So if that pans out, I'll step down from managing (and financing) the project myself but may continue contributing to the new and improved community-owned DataCore moving forward.

BTW, if you're a software engineer or designer or devops or statistician or otherwise interested, reach out for a link to a Discord where this is going on.

If no one wants to carry the cost individually, consider crowdfunding through the community, perhaps through Patreon. Not the most efficient way to fund, perhaps, after Patreon takes their cut, but spreads the load nicely.
  • Options
    bennybenny ✭✭✭

If no one wants to carry the cost individually, consider crowdfunding through the community, perhaps through Patreon. Not the most efficient way to fund, perhaps, after Patreon takes their cut, but spreads the load nicely.

Hey Mechalobe, where you at brother? 😅
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    KaiRo wrote: »
    So, Apple protects their customers with rules that led to the demise of the MalWall on iOs?!?!?

Actually, it looks like their rules are mostly targeted against the less bad parts of the Wall (the offers about installing other games), and as Apple allows the really bad parts only (the survey stuff), TP found that to not be attractive enough to keep the Wall included.

For me, it looks like Apple is not protecting privacy but just their control over what people install and how they do it. Apple rules with an iron hand over the money-making of their app store, I'm not sure they care much about user privacy unless when it makes good marketing.

Fun fact: well over half of all iOS security updates are intended to protect Apple from the end user and have nothing to do with protecting the end user from anyone or anything.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Options
    Not sure why but the Big Book freezes every time I try to open it now and crashes Sheets
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    [DCC] bebe wrote: »
    So, Apple protects their customers with rules that led to the demise of the MalWall on iOs?!?!?

Actually, it looks like their rules are mostly targeted against the less bad parts of the Wall (the offers about installing other games), and as Apple allows the really bad parts only (the survey stuff), TP found that to not be attractive enough to keep the Wall included.

For me, it looks like Apple is not protecting privacy but just their control over what people install and how they do it. Apple rules with an iron hand over the money-making of their app store, I'm not sure they care much about user privacy unless when it makes good marketing.

Fun fact: well over half of all iOS security updates are intended to protect Apple from the end user and have nothing to do with protecting the end user from anyone or anything.

Protecting end users from installing an app that potentially bypasses ios security and gains access to the phone may on the surface be about protecting Apple from the end user, but are really about protecting unaware end users from giving nefarious developers access to their phone.
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Not sure why but the Big Book freezes every time I try to open it now and crashes Sheets

Hi, a lot of people have been mentioning this and I'm going to look into it soon. Very possibly I've overloaded it a bit. I'll have a lighter version out soon.

Edit: Don't forget all BB content is tracked by the Datacore so if you are struggling with the Book check there.
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    [DCC] bebe wrote: »

Protecting end users from installing an app that potentially bypasses ios security and gains access to the phone may on the surface be about protecting Apple from the end user, but are really about protecting unaware end users from giving nefarious developers access to their phone.

Yes Apple does not want nefarious developers getting access to users’ phones. That is Apple’s job. The money they make from selling users’ info is less valuable if others can get it.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you

I've removed the Highlights/Data and the hidden sheets related to that, can I ask if it's improved for you?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread has run its course, closing it. This was agreed upon with the original poster :)
This discussion has been closed.